Saturday 11 September 2010

On My Wishlist #1




On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick City and runs every Saturday. It's where we list all the books we desperately want but haven't actually bought yet. They can be old, new or forthcoming. It's also an event that anyone can join in with too - Mr Linky is always at the ready for you to link your own 'On My Wishlist' post. If you want to know more click here.


Here are a couple of books that I've wanted to read for ages but still have not bought!  They are at the top of my to read list and I want to get them really soon :)


Magic Bites by Iiona Andrews
Kate Daniels #1
Ace, 27th March 2007


Why it's on my wishlist: 
I've heard so many good things about this series so I'm looking forward to reading it a lot!


Goodreads Summary:
When the magic is up, rogue mages cast their spells and monsters appear, while guns refuse to fire and cars fail to start. But then technology returns, and the magic recedes as unpredictably as it arose, leaving all kinds of paranormal problems in its wake. 

Kate Daniels is a down-on-her-luck mercenary who makes her living cleaning up these magical problems. But when Kate's guardian is murdered, her quest for justice draws her into a power struggle between two strong factions within Atlanta's magic circles. 

The Masters of the Dead, necromancers who can control vampires, and the Pack, a paramilitary clan of shapechangers, blame each other for a series of bizarre killings—and the death of Kate's guardian may be part of the same mystery. Pressured by both sides to find the killer, Kate realizes she's way out of her league—but she wouldn't have it any other way…


Changeless by Gail Carriger
The Parasol Protectorate #2
Orbit, 30th March 2010


Why it's on my wishlist: 
I loved Soulless so I have to read this!  In fact I'm not sure really why I haven't bought it yet!


Goodreads Summary:
Alexia Tarabotti, now Lady Maccon, awakens in the wee hours of the mid-afternoon to find her husband, who should be decently asleep like any normal werewolf, yelling at the top of his lungs. Then he disappears -- leaving her to deal with a regiment of supernatural soldiers encamped on her doorstep, a plethora of exorcised ghosts, and an angry Queen Victoria. 

But Alexia is armed with her trusty parasol, the latest fashions, and an arsenal of biting civility. Even when her investigations take her into thebackwaters of ugly waistcoats, Scotland, she is prepared: upending werewolf pack dynamics as only a soulless can. 

She might even find time to track down her wayward husband, if she feels like it.


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. You really should go straight to the store and buy Magic Bites. It's that good and you won't be disappointed! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing an Amazon order soon, it's going on there! Not seen it in any stores here recently (I'm in the UK and I think it's just about to be released as a UK version so we can not get hold of the US version that was on sale)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...