Monday 4 June 2012

Armchair BEA day 1: Introductions


Welcome to the first day of Armchair BEA 2012!!  The lovely ladies over at Armchair BEA have organised this event for those of us who are unable to make it to the physical BEA (Book Expo America). I'm in the UK so it gives me an excellent opportunity to connect with lots of wonderful bloggers, authors and publishing world people! 

Today is day 1 so it's time for introductions! We have been asked to answer
at least 5 of the 10 interview questions posed. Here are mine :-)

Please tell us a little bit about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging?

My name is Jenny and I'm from the UK. I'm a 30something reader and blogger. I've been book blogging for nearly two years (but had a about 10 months where I only posted a very little). I started blogging because I was already reviewing books on Amazon & Goodreads which led me on to book blogs, I loved the community and got my own started!


What are you currently reading, or what is your favorite book you have read so far in 2012?

I'm currently reading Night Life by Caitlin Kitteridge. My favourite book so far this year is a really hard question as I have several but the leader I think is Slave to Sensation by Nalini Singh.


Tell us one non-book-related thing that everyone reading your blog may not know about you.

I run my own businesses, yes two. I have a small accountancy practice and also design, maintain and run blogs for small businesses.


Where do you see your blog in five years?


I'd love to see it grown with me wherever that might take me!! (In other words I have no idea!!)


If you could eat dinner with any author or character, who would it be and why?

Anita Blake (Vampire Hunter series by Laurell K Hamilton) because I'd like to ask her which of her men she really likes best and how things got to where they are.

What is your favorite part about the book blogging community? Is there anything that you would like to see change in the coming years?


The best thing has to be getting to know other bloggers as well as authors. I enjoy how it brings us readers together :-) I'd like to see more interaction between the larger publishers and the book blogging community.

Have your reading tastes changed since you started blogging? How?

I don't think my tastes have changed but the way I describe them and try to categorise them so readers (and me) can find reviews on my site :-)

6 comments:

  1. You must stay so busy with running your own businesses and blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best thing about blogging for me is the friends, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to meet you. I've not read Anita Blake, but I've heard great things. I hope you enjoy BEA. Have a great week!
    My BEA Post

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad that you're enjoying being part of Armchair BEA. The book blogging community is the greatest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that's awesome that you're running two businesses. So cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot imagine how busy you must be! Hope you enjoy Armchair BEA!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...