Wednesday 20 June 2012

Book Tour: Interview with Kim Nathan (Dreaming Montana)



I'd like to welcome Kim Nathan who is the author of Dreaming Montana for an interview on her book tour presented by the fantastic Innovative Online Book Tours.

I'd like to tell you about Dreaming Montana then introduce Kim before we dive into the interview!


About Dreaming Montana

In a single day, Cara Gallagher experiences an erotic dream about a man she doesn’t know and has a premonition of her identical twin—at the exact moment her sister dies in a car accident.  To escape her grief and a loveless marriage, Cara accepts a temporary job reassignment in Seattle, where she continues to have sensuous dreams of the unknown man. There she encounters an angel who claims to be sent by her dead sister to help her find the man in her dreams. Meanwhile, photographer Jay Amiens sees angel wings on his film and has recurring intimate dreams about a woman he doesn’t know—but would love to meet in person.  Set in 1993,
Dreaming Montana invokes the spirit of Seattle at the height of the grunge era, with the city as the backdrop for Cara and Jay to potentially cross paths.






Lets meet Kim

Kim Nathan is an American author of historical and contemporary romance fiction. Her first novel was Sterling Redmond, a historical romance. Born and raised in Baltimore, Maryland, she relocated to Seattle, Washington in 1994, where she lives with her husband and cats.  







The Interview:

Why did you decide to become a writer?
I've wanted to be a writer since I was twelve. I've always felt it was my calling. I rejected it for too many years to work other jobs, but it never stopped calling to me.  

Where do you get your inspiration from?

Characters usually show up and demand attention. They keep showing me scenes until finally I am compelled to start jotting down notes, essentially giving them a  voice. That's how it begins for me.

C
an you talk us through the process you go through when you write a book.
I keep spiral notebooks and jot my notes down when something comes to me. In the beginning stages, it's all just random notes and impressions, words, feelings, and odd bits that I eventually string together when I write the chapter. After I get through the first draft of a chapter, I go back over it many times, but then I let it bake for a while. My eyes are fresher on it the next day. Some days are writing days; some days are editing days. Some days, especially early on, are spent just sitting around and thinking. 

If you were not a writer what would you be?
I was a business analyst in my past corporate career. 

What is the best thing about being a writer?
Connecting with the creative force. It's very fulfilling work. 

And the worst?
Writing is a solitary profession. it's a good idea to get out and mingle with real people once and awhile to stay mentally healthy.
 
Did you have a favourite author as a child? 
Laura Ingalls Wilder. I loved those Little House books!

What do you do in your free time?
I love to take walks. I go to a Nia (dance/movement) class three times a week. It helps to keep me grounded in my body. I tend to over-think everything. I enjoy having a fine dining experience with my husband. We love to travel when we can.

You can visit one place in the world right now, where and why?
Baltimore, so that I could see my parents.

Can you give us an odd fact about yourself
I'm an extroverted introvert. 

Anything you would like to add?
Many thanks to the readers. I couldn't do it without them. They complete what I start. 

A few quickfire questions:
Coffee or Tea? Coffee (I live in Seattle, the coffee capital of the world!)
Summer or winter? Summer, as long as it isn't too hot
Physical book or ebook? Mostly physical books but I am moving in the ebook direction
Wild night out or cosy night in? Cosy night in (I've already used up my quota of wild nights)

Thank you to Kim for taking the time to chat to us today! To find out more about Andrea and her books you can find her around the web here:



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...