Friday 6 July 2012

TGIF (Comfort Reads) & Book Blogger Hop (4)

Friday is the day of following, friendship and questions in the book blog world. This week I am taking part in two further blog hops! TGIF is run by Ginger at GReads and the Book Blogger Hop is run by Jen at Crazy for Books. Look forward to getting to meet & know you my fellow book bloggers :-)

Q -Comfort Reads: Which books do you go to for comfort & familiarity?  Is there a type of book you seek out when you're needing that extra bit of comfort in your life?

A -  For me it's the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich. I love this series and can read the books over and over again. You can never have enough of Stephanie, Joe and Ranger. The big question of course is always whether Stephanie is going to choose Cupcake or Babe! If you haven't already read these I'd highly recommend getting started on the first book One For The Money, there are now 18 books in the series, wonderful :-) Yes, I've realised my comfort book is outside the genres I usually review for Eternally Books, but I have eclectic tastes!!




Q - If you could be a character from any book, who would you be?

A - I've had a hard time getting this answer down to just one character! I'm going to go with Alexia Tarabotti from the Parasol Protectorate series.  I just love how the series is set in an alternative Victorian England. She is an excellent character and believable. Pushes the boundaries of her society to almost intolerably improper proportions! If you have read this series yet take a look at the first book Soulless.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, yes, Stephanie Plum is a great comfort read! I devoured half of that series after dropping out of a university program, and wondering what the heck I was going to do with my life -- her antics provided the perfect distraction from real life =)

    Here's my TGIF post: http://writergrrlreads.blogspot.ca/2012/07/tgif-7-july-6.html

    P.S. I'm a new follower -- your blog is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never read any of the S Plum series, it might be time to do just that! That's one of the great things about these hops, you are inspired to read something out of your "zone" :)

    http://therelentlessreader.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...