Thursday 18 October 2012

UK v US Cover ~ Unholy Ghosts


How important is the cover of a book to you?

I'm sure I notice them more because I often see a book I like and go off to buy it, only to find the version I get had a totally different cover. I'm in the UK just in case the blog post title didn't give it away! So I thought I'd start up a feature on comparing UK and US covers (might bring in ones from elsewhere too if it takes my fancy!) (Quick disclaimer, I know this is not original but I can't remember where I've seen it so can't credit!)

This week I am taking a look at Unholy Ghosts the first book in the Downside Ghosts series by Stacia Kane. I recently read my copy which has been on my bookshelf forever, when I went to Goodreads I struggled to find my UK edition, well it doesn't exactly look like the other one now does it!!

US cover on the left and UK cover on the right!


















Which do you prefer? 







Me? 

Wow what can I say - are those even for the same book!!!!!

Not sure I've seen a book with such different covers for the UK and US. If it wasn't for the title the books would not appear to have anything in common. 

The UK cover is very simple and having read the book I can see what it's getting at, but without reading the book or the blurb I must say it kind of looks like smoke coming out of the mouth rather than anything to do with ghosts!

The US cover is fairly standard urban fantasy stuff, all be it an excellent example. I like the colours and the sense of mysterious about the cover. The model looks good and I like the tattoos even if they are not how I imagined them while reading Unholy Ghosts!

Which do I actually prefer? Well the US cover is a great urban fantasy and the UK one is unique, so I think it's a draw this week!!!!

Do you agree?

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh I would almost say a draw too!! THere both just TOO different, it makes it hard to choose (: But I would be more likely to pick up the UK book based on the cover (: SO I guess UK for me! :D

    Haley @ YA-Aholic

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...