Friday 29 October 2010

Follow Friday #12 & Book Blogger Hop #11

HAPPY FRIDAY!!  I'm joining in Follow Friday and Book Blogger Hop again this week.  I've got a round up of what's been happening on my blog this week too!


Follow Friday is hosted by Parajunkee, head on over there to join in the fun, meet new blogger friends  and meet her featured blogger of the week My 5 Monkeys.

If you have, or would have a daughter, what book would you want your daughter to read?


I don't have a daughter but if I did I'd encourage her to read the Famous Five books by Enid Blyton.  I have very fond memories of reading these, the first books I read on my own when I was 5 and 6.   I love that they are traditional but can still be read today!

Book Blogger Hop


I'm also taking part in the Book Blogger Hop hosted by Crazy For Books so head on over to join in the fun! 

What is the one bookish thing you would love to have, no matter the cost?
I'd love a proper library with all the books I would ever like to read in it, it would be huge!  I'd have every series or book I desire just there ready for me.  My library would have some lovely comfortable seating and a ready supply of drinks and snacks!  I know, not original but every bookworms dream come true :)

What have I been up to on the Magic Faerie's Paranormal Review during the last week?
Teaser Tuseday - Night Life
Waiting on Wednesday - Black Wings by Christina Henry

If you haven't already, there is still tie to enter my giveaways:
H. P. Mallory - win an ebook copy of Fire Burn & Cauldron Bubbble or To Kill a Warlock.

Want to be a character in a book?  H. P. Mallory is offer the chance to be a character in Toil and Trouble the second Jolie Wilkins book - more details here.

Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. I loved the Famous Five when I was young too. They were my favourite characters. They're different now though. Their names have been changed even. Same with the Magic Faraway Tree, which I actually read again just recently - it was still fab despite the changes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping bt from the hop. I'm a new follower.

    The Famous Five were great when I was a kid.

    Have a nice weekend.

    Library Mosaic

    ReplyDelete
  3. New follower from Boost My Blog Hop! Hope you can stop by and return the follow :)


    Cristi
    http://thekingscourt4.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi, here from boost my blog friday! I've never heard of the famous five books, so I just popped it into wikipedia and thought they sounded interesting, not sure if my daughter would like them since most of the characters are boys but maybe I'll check out the library and see if they have one we can borrow! Thanks, and have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Jennoreilly - The famous five are actually two boys (Juilian + Dick), two girls (Anne + George) and a dog (Timmy)! Good combination :)

    If you do get one check if it is an original version or the rewritten for the 21st century version. The newest versions have been rewrtten to apparently catter to modern children - not read any of these versions so I don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember enjoying the Famous Five series as well! Also Blyton's The Naughtiest Girl in the School series was really fun too :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Danya, I liked The Naughtisest Girl books too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,
    I'm doing my rounds for the Blog Hop and Follow Friday so I'm stopping to say say hello. :) I hope you have a fantastic weekend.

    I'm an old follower.

    http://romancebookjunkies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey! Just hopping by! I'm your newest follower. I always look forward to Friday's and and excuse to discover new book bloggers. Have a great weekend!

    Carmel @ Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with you on the library with everything you want to read - the second part is particularly important. Old follower.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wit woo, I am your 200th follower! Here's too many many more.

    Crazy Book Slut maybe you will want to follow back?!??!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A wonderful library is a must on every book lover's list!

    Julie @ Knitting and Sundries

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...