Sunday 14 November 2010

In My Mailbox #13

In My Mailbox is a bookish meme hosted by Kirsti @ The Story Siren and was inspired by Alia @ Pop Culture Junkie.

 I really enjoyed Fantasy Lover so I've been out and bought the next two in the series.

 

Title: Night Pleasures
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon


Dear Reader,

Have you ever wanted to know what it's like to be immortal? To journey through the night stalking the evil that preys on humans? To have unlimited wealth, unlimited power?

That is my existence, and it is dark and dangerous. I play hero to thousands, but am known to none. And I love every minute of it. Or so I thought until one night when I woke up handcuffed to my worst nightmare: a conservative woman in a button-down shirt. Or in Amanda's case, buttoned all the way up to her chin. She's smart, sexy, witty, and wants nothing to do with the paranormal---in other words, me.

My attraction to Amanda Devereaux goes against everything I stand for. Not to mention the last time I fell in love it cost me not only my human life, but also my very soul. Yet every time I look at her, I find myself wanting to try again. Wanting to believe that love and loyalty do exist. Even more disturbing, I find myself wondering if there's any way a woman like Amanda can love a man whose battle scars run deep, and whose heart was damaged by a betrayal so savage that he's not sure it will ever beat again.

Kyrian of Thrace 





Title: Night Embrace
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon


Dear Reader,

Life is great for me. I have my chicory coffee, my warm beignets, and my best friend on the cell phone. Once the sun goes down, I am the baddest thing prowling the night: I command the elements, and I know no fear. For centuries, I've protected the innocent and watched over the mankind, making sure they are safe in a world where nothing is ever certain. All I want in return is a hot babe in a red dress, who wants nothing more from me then one night.


Instead, I get a runaway Mardi Gras float that tries to turn me into roadkill and a beautiful woman who saves my life but can't remember where she put my pants. Flamboyant and extravagant, Sunshine Runningwolf should be the perfect woman for me. She wants nothing past tonight, no ties, no long-term commitments.


But every time I look at her, I start yearning for dreams that I buried centuries ago. With her unconventional ways and ability to baffle me, Sunshine is the one person I find myself needing. But for me to love her would mean her death. I am cursed never to know peace or happiness-not so long as my enemy waits in the night to destroy us both.


--Talon of the Morrigantes

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Oh I believe you´ll love this series! :)
    It´s one of my most favorite PNR series!
    Happy reading! I hope you´ll enjoy them as much as I did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed Fantasy Lover too. So far that's all I've read of the series, but I want to read more for sure! Enjoy your books!

    Diana
    Book of Secrets & The Forbidden Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome IMM this week! I so want to read this series, happy reading!


    http://readingbetweenthewinesbookclub.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have Fantasy Lover on my book shelf so I'm glad to hear you liked it. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...