Tuesday 9 November 2010

Teaser Tuesday #12 ~ "The Summoning"



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
My teaser this week is from The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong.


"We lay in bed with the lights out for fifteen minutes, long enough for Derek to either tell the nurses on us or just go back to bed.  My fingers kept brushing the pages I'd stuffed in my pajama waistband.  Finally, Rae scooted over to my bed, flashlight in hand.
    "That was a close call," she said.
    "Do you think he'll tell the nurses?"
    "Nah.  He was getting a snack himself.  He wouldn't dare tattle."


p. 127.


Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. How are you liking the book so far? I enjoyed this series and remember that scene. Happy reading!

    http://readingbetweenthewinesbookclub.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great book. Hope you enjoy it :)

    You can find my tesser at The Bookish Snob

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice teaser. Haven't read this one yet but it looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting to read this one. That is a good teaser. I think I may have to move it up in my TBR pile :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here is my teaser from Expiation by Greg Messel (page 1):

    My sudden and unexpected return to Seattle was about to trigger a chain of events which completely change my life. Three months from this date my career, my life in San Francisco with my daughter and everything I had known before would be radically altered.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a huge Kelley Armstrong fan. Haven't read this series yet. Thanks for the sneak peek!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...