Tuesday 2 November 2010

Teaser Tuesday #11 ~ "Vicious Circle"


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
My teaser this week is from Vicious Circle by Linda Robertson.



"Johnny wasn't the kind of guy I flirted with.  Remembering how we'd talked on the phone, embarrassment clenched my stomach.  I forced my attention to neutral space - the floor - catching details of his jacket and black T-shirt beneath, the leather pants he wore.  Where did guys over six feet find leather pants?"

P. 78




Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun book!

    I have a nonfiction teaser at arch thinking today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, sounds like one I might like. I never meet any men in real life who can pull off the leather pants look, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No I haven't either! Seem to be almost compulsory in UF/PNR though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here is my teaser from The Trophy Bride’s Tale by Cyrilla Barr (page 1):

    I have never seen an execution! I am terrified & tremble uncontrollably now as I stand on the fringes of restless crowd desperately hoping that no one will notice me in my shabby pilgrim’s weeds. At that I saw his face break into a warm smile and I knew I had at last reached safer ground.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for a new baby in the family! I love being an aunt. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun teaser! Enjoy the read!

    My teaser: http://jewelknits.blogspot.com/2010/11/teaser-tuesdays-november-2-2010.html

    Julie @ Knitting and Sundries

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting teaser. Enjoy. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/11/teaser-tuesdays-outside-the-ordinary-world.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh. I have this book in my TBR!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...