Wednesday 17 November 2010

Waiting on Wednesday #12 ~ "Lover Unleashed" by J.R. Ward

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine which spotlight eagerly anticipated upcoming releases.


 My pick this week is Lover Unleashed   by J.R. Ward, I've read all the BDB books so far and have enjoyed them so I'm looking forward to the next instalment.  I'm really happy that it looks like it is published on the same day in the UK as the US but we get paperback (unfortunately that may change before the release date!  We are usually behind!)  Check out the alternative UK cover below too!


Title: Lover Unleashed 
Author: J.R. Ward
Series: Black Dagger Brotherhood #9
Publisher: NAL Hardcover (UK - Piatkus Books)
Publication date: 29 March 2011


Payne, twin sister of Vishous, is cut from the same dark, seductive cloth as her brother. Imprisoned for eons by their mother, the Scribe Virgin, she finally frees herself-only to face a devastating injury. Manuel Manello, M.D., is drafted by the Brotherhood to save her as only he can-but when the human surgeon and the vampire warrior meet, their two worlds collide in the face of their undeniable passion. With so much working against them, can love prove stronger than the birthright and the biology that separates them?



What do you think of the UK cover?  Do you like it?


Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. A lot of times, I do seem to prefer the UK covers, but not here. There's something simply beautiful about the monochrome blue, and I think it's her eyes that really sell it.

    Sally @ Bibrary Bookslut

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am soo sssoooooo excited for this one! Great pick! Plus, I hope we get lots from Vishous in this book too, true? ;)

    In this case I also think the US cover is great, simply because it's already a classic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's with JR Ward. Why is everybody posting about this. Never heard of it...shame on me?:D Hope you'll get to read this soon:)
    Here is what I am waiting for: WOW

    And don't forget to check out my giveaway...here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you both! I like the US cover better. But I'll still get the UK one as it will be easier for me to get and cheaper!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like I picked a WOW lots of people are doing this week! Kind of surprised me when I've seen about 5 other people doing it as it's not out until March! BDB is very popular though, must be why!! I think a lot of people just want some more of the Brothers :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not a fan of the UK cover, but hey, it's the book inside that counts, right? ;)

    I love this series and I'm really looking forward to seeing how JR manages to make things work for Payne and Manny.

    You can check out my WOW pick here.

    Kat
    Wit and Sin

    ReplyDelete
  7. HA! Too funny! Yes. Yes. Yes! I want more of the brothers! It's been too dang long. The re-reads just aren't the same. ;)

    I'm dying over here, yo! I need some more Vishous! And from what I hear. .. we're gonna get a lot! YAY!

    Thanks for stopping by Attack of the Book! I'm your newest follower! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did this one last week =) SO looking forward to it and more V in Payne's story, love me some V!
    Happy Hump Day!

    http://readingbetweenthewinesbookclub.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH oh I have so been waiting for this book , I love the UK version too.

    Here is the one I been waiting on Here

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...